Prednisolone general information
Generic Name: Prednisolone
Brand Name: Prednisolone
Prednisolone belongs to corticosteroid drug class. Its function is in prevention and decrease of inflammations in the body. Prednisolone modifies immune system of the body so that it could respond to different substances which cause infections.
Prednisolone tablets can be used in treatment of a wide spectrum of conditions among which are allergic disorders, arthritis, asthma (breathing issues), blood disorders, keratitis (eye problems), leukaemia (cancer), skin diseases, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus (collagen disease), psoriasis, or breathing disorders. It could as well be used for other purposes which are not mentioned in this medication guide.
The safest and easiest way to buy Prednisolone for regular use is to order Prednisolone online. Prednisolone without prescription can be only purchased officially from an online pharmacy or affiliate web sites.
Important facts and precautions
Prednisolone tablets can come in reaction with certain medical conditions. You should not use Prednisolone or consult a specialist if any of the following applies to you:
- pregnancy, breast-feeding or plans for pregnancy
- usage of dietary supplements, prescription and non-prescription drugs or herbal mixtures
- allergic reactions to foods, medicines or any other substances
- heart issues, hypertension, kidney diseases, liver failure, diabetes, seizures, thyroid disorders, adrenal gland problems, fluid retention or any mental or mood disorders
- viral, fungal, bacterial or other type of infection
- herpes infection of the eye, chickenpox, measles or shingles
- HIV infection or tuberculosis
- stomach or intestinal problems, recent intestinal surgery or esophagus inflammation
- osteoporosis or muscle weakness
- recent vaccination
Prednisolone is rated by FDA with pregnancy category C. There were not enough research done to claim that Prednisolone is harmful to a fetus. Prednisolone is able to be absorbed by breast milk and may damage a nursing baby. If you are breast-feeding a baby stop using or do not start using this medication. Steroids can affect child growth and development so consider you child’s rate o growth during the treatment course.
Prednisolone prescription is not required if you buy Prednisolone online. It is a fast and easy way to get supplies of this medicine without extra effort and time. Prednisolone online pharmacies are credible vendors who are trusted by millions of patients worldwide.
Interaction with other medicines
Prednisolone may interact with some medicines. You might need to adjust Prednisolone dosage or address your doctor if you are taking any of the following:
- Cyclosporine, clarithromycin, estradiol, birth control pills or ketoconazole which can strenghthen or cause Prednisolone side effects
- Barbiturates, carbamazepine, ephedrine, hydantoins or rifampin which can weaken Prednisolone's effectiveness
- Anticholinesterases, aspirin, diuretics, methotrexate, mifepristone, quinolone antibiotics, ritodrine as well as live or attenuated live vaccines since there is a risk of Prednisolone side effects increase
- Anticoagulants, hydantoins, killed or inactivated vaccines since their effectiveness can be decreased by Prednisolone
There may be cases of other interactions (such as vitamins, minerals, herbal products and other medications) and thus this list is not absolutely complete.
Use Prednisolone as it is recommended by this medication guide or your physician. Prednisolone dose should be strictly kept as well as all the requirements of this guide for safe usage.
- Prednisolone should be taken orally with meal
- Prednisolone comes in a dose pack with clear instructions on time and amount it should be taken. Follow the dosing instructions as closely as possible.
- If a dose has been misses, take it as whenever you remember about it. Though if you are supposed to take the next dose soon skip the missed one and get back to the regular dosing regime. Never take 2 doses at a time.
- Do not take greater doses even if you missed a dose. Overdose is unlikely to harm you since studies shown that a single large dose of Prednisolone is not expected to produce life-threatening symptoms. However, long-term use of high steroid doses can lead to side effects.
- If you are taking liquid Prednisolone use a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, instead of a regular table spoon. A dose-measuring device can be bought at any pharmacy.
Buy Prednisolone in value packages that will last for the whole course or treatment to save your time and money.
- Do not consume any alcohol during Prednisolone treatment course.
- Prednisolone may decrease your body ability to fight infection. Avoid people with colds or infections. Seek medical attention if you have or see the signs of having fever, rash, sore throat or chills.
- Do not contact with people who are having measles, chickenpox or shingles.
- Carry your ID card that says you are taking Prednisolone regularly for a very long time.
- If you are about to get a vaccine against measles, mumps or smallpox and at the same time you are on Prednisolone let your doctor know before you receive any vaccine.
- Before receiving any dental or emergency care like surgery tell the doctor about your Prednisolone usage.
- Prednisolone can alter blood sugar level if you are a diabetes patient. Check your blood sugar levels carefully. Your doctor should consider changing your diabetes medicine dosage.
- Keep thoroughly all your lab appointments since all tests as well as function tests should be done when you are taking Prednisolone. Those tests can be made for monitoring of your condition and check for possible side effects.
- You should be cautious when giving Prednisolone to children since they can be more sensitive to its effects.
- Children’s and teenagers’ growth rate could be affected by corticosteroids in rare cases. Children might need conduction of regular growth monitoring during Prednisolone usage.
- Immediately contact your doctor if you get pregnant. Prednisolone is not recommended to pregnant and breast-feeding women since it can be absorbed by breast milk. You should access any possible risks to your baby.
For those who are on a high dosage therapy or on a long-term course sudden cease of Prednisolone usage can cause withdrawal symptoms such as appetite loss, weight loss, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, weakness, general body discomfort, joint or muscle pain.
Prednisolone side effects
Side effects can be caused by any medication your are taking though usually very few people experience side effects. Most patients have no complaints or experience minor side effects. If any of the following common side effects persist or bother you seek medical attention:
Acne, clumsiness, dizziness, flushing, general body discomfort, headache, appetite increase, excessive sweating, nausea, nervousness, sleeping problems or stomach upsets.
Immediately contact your doctor if such severe side effects occur:
Allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue); black, tarry stools; variations in body fat; menstrual period alteration; skin color changes; chest pain; easy bruising or bleeding; increased thirst or urination; mental or mood sudden changes (depression); muscle pain, weakness; seizures; severe nausea or vomiting; signs of infection (fever, chills, persistent sore throat); sudden severe dizziness or headache; ankles, feet or hands swelling; tendon or bone pain; thinning of skin; vision changes or other eye problems; vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. For more information on side effects, contact your health care provider.